So who knew that using public relations could really be an advantage for your SEO? Frankly this is one of the most brilliant ideas out there. If you know what public relations is all about then you will see how much in common it has with SEO. When things are similar and have something in common, they match very well as they complement each other. Public relations are one thing that can strengthen SEO in a tremendous way. After reading this article you will actually wonder why you didn’t think of this to begin with.
Getting other aspects to be involved with the SEO strategy can be quite tricky but Public relations have proven to be a good match. However it is very important to understand what public relations is all about and how it thrives online. In a nutshell, public relations or PR is the section in a company that is in charge of generating affairs and connections with other large publications or companies that will offer promotion for your corporation. PR has so many responsibilities and one of them involves online work. We can see that PR has almost the same job as SEO with regards to creating relationships and bringing in visitors and traffic. So how can PR help SEO?
- Networking /connections: PR finds media outlets so as to promote business. These media outlets are usually very big. So imagine getting connections with those big businesses which are very authoritative, there is a high chance of your website being recognized by these big companies. This becomes a big thread of connections where the other company connects you with many more companies.
- Content Experience: PR experts usually have a very good way of working with the media. They also know the media world really well. They know exactly how to write things that will absolutely explode. Why is this, those in PR have known what the public wants. Make sure that those in PR read your content to help you know what works best. However you could learn PR on the side and if you are doing SEO use the principles of PR to help you. When doing SEO, you have no idea how much PR professionals come in handy.
- Traffic/visibility: Yes PR will really help SEO but in this one, PR could totally benefit from SEO making it the best of both worlds. This is called killing two birds with one stone. When you use the right keywords, you will clearly get all the visitors out there. This goes for press releases hence helping PR.
- Reputation: PR is used to lobby for a company. SEO can use PR to advertise your site out there hence making it credible and highly regarded.
- Communications: PR practitioners know so much of communication. This way they can help you write the best content for SEO.
PR and SEO are almost co-related to each other, the above points should motivate you to use PR wisely today!
Author Bio: Jems Holden is an Internet marketing blogger cum web designer who has been serving the web since 2009 with web design agency Manchester Sizzle Media. So far he has written several articles with advice and suggestion for creative web designing and eCommerce web design.